Growing Community Since 1971 – the Regional Environmental Council
THANK YOU for helping us GROW in 2015!
Happy New Year!
THANK YOU for your generous support last year. Because of you, we have a lot to celebrate!
In fact, here are 5 awesome things you did in 2015:
1. You trained 34 young men and women to become tomorrow’s community leaders and empowered them to make positive choices through YouthGROW.
2. You provided more than 8,000 families access to healthy, affordable, and local foods by supporting the REC Community and Mobile Farmers Markets.
3. You built or planted over 60 community and school gardens. Wow! These are going to be beautiful this spring!
4. You brought together 600 community gardeners and almost 2,000 public school students to grow healthy food in the city. What a tasty way to unite a community!
5. You cleaned more than 60 streets and parks in Worcester with the help of over 1,000 volunteers on Earth Day. Thanks for making our neighborhoods cleaner and safer!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Pat yourself on the back, give yourself a high five, and pin on a gold star for what you accomplished in 2015.
Together, we can do even more in 2016! Please give us a call, follow us online, or stop by to say hello in person.
It’s only with your help, your voice, and your action that we will create a healthy, sustainable, and just new year for Worcester and Central Massachusetts!
Steve Fischer, Executive Director, and Julie Orozco, Board President