By John Monfredo, Worcester School Committee
The GAB program is off to a good start! As of this week, we have collected more than 2,000 books! But we still have a long way to go, if we are to reach our goal of 20,000 books.
The drive, supported by InCity Times, will continue until May. This project will only be successful if we have the assistance of the public. We are encouraging people to look around their homes for new or gently used books, from pre-kindergarten to grade 8, and drop them off at the following locations:
* Shaws – West Boylston St.
* Shaws – Webster Square Plaza
* Stop and Shop supermarkets – 940 West Boylston St., Grafton St. and Lincoln St.
* All Flagship Bank branches
* All Bay State Savings Banks in Worcester
* All Commerce Banks in Worcester and the one in Holden
* Barnes and Noble book store on Lincoln St.
* Worcester City Hall, the City Council Office
* Worcester Senior Center – Providence Street
* Worcester Public Library – Main Branch (Salem Square)
* Worcester Credit Union on West Boylston St.
* Annie’s Book Shop – 120 Stafford St.
We need your help if we are to reach our goal of 20,000 books. Many of our students and children are in need of books. Thank you!
(If you need more information, please email InCity Times at firstname.lastname@example.org)