FROM: Everyday Miracles
· We will be closed this Saturday for our annual recovery celebration, and closed on Monday, September 22, for Boston’s Recovery Day
· Our monthly HIV screenings have been rescheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 23rd (2:30-4:30 pm)
· Our monthly Narcan training has been cancelled this month, due to limited supply of kits. APW, located at 85 Green Street, will still provide free walk-in trainings and distribute kits while they are still available.
· This Saturday, September 20th , 10am- 3pm will be our 6th Annual recovery walk.
· Monday, September 22nd is Recovery Day in Boston, people from across Massachusetts will walk from Boston City Hall to the State House for a day of advocacy. Anyone interested in taking the free bus from Worcester to Boston, please contact me to reserve a seat. The bus departs from the Aurora House(661 Main Street) at 6:30am and from Faith House (142 Burncoat Street) at 7am, returning to those locations around 5:30pm. I’ve attached a sign up sheet, and please RSVP ASAP because the bus is space is limited & the bus is already half full!
Purple is the New Black
Join the Coordinated Community Response Network in supporting Domestic Violence Awareness
By wearing purple on
October 22, 2014
Forward any pictures of Purple Day participation to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post on social media!
Check out www.teespring.com/endviolence today
for your Domestic Violence Awareness T-shirt!
Show your support for the movement to end domestic violence by joining
survivors, service providers, over 100 community members
for a fitness class honoring Domestic Violence Awareness Month
SAGE Assembly 2014
Saturday, October 4!
10 am-4 pm
at Worcester Youth Center, 326 Chandler St, Worcester
A day of alliance building and collective visioning to choose a campaign to create and organize around equitable, democratic, and sustainable community economies!
The assembly brings together activists, organizers, community leaders, and organizations committed to forging more equitable and sustainable ways of organizing our communities.
Childcare and interpreting available if requested by Oct. 2nd. Assembly is wheelchair accessible. Potluck lunch and donation-based food options.
Donations accepted at the door. More info online:
RAINBOW CHILDCARE CENTER!
Please join us at Rainbow Child Center’s Garden Opening on Thurs. Sept. 25th at 10:00 a.m. It will be a brief program, but memorable!
This is part of our Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition Program, along with an effort to support the Bell Hill Neighborhood.
Please also invite parents and family members!