The Worcester Youth Opportunities Office is accepting applications for its 2015-2016 Youth Council nomination process.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
The City of Worcester Youth Council was created in January of 2012 to establish a representative body of young people living in the City of Worcester between the ages of 14 and 19.
The Worcester Youth Council gives young people a direct connection to local government. Youth Councilors take part in civic engagement, leadership development and planning and decision making opportunities.
The Worcester Youth Council will also execute the following assignments:
· Encouraging youth civic participation
· Enhancing young people’s roles in their community
· Making recommendations, presentations and advocating on issues that affect youth their age
· Involving youth in community awareness and community service projects
· Forming and strengthening relationships with community governance
· Encouraging voter registration for eligible youth
· Eligible youth representation on city Boards, Commissions, Committees and Councils
· Worcester City Council shadowing opportunities
· Public speaking