Congressman Jim McGovern will co-host an immigration workshop with the Massachusetts Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA).
Tuesday, March 10
6 pm – 8 pm
St. Peter’s Parish Center
929 Main St.
Behind St. Peter’s Church
WELCOME REMARKS: Congressman Jim McGovern
· Information About President Barack Obama’s Executive Action
o Deferred Action for Children Arrivals (DACA)
o Deferred Action for Parents of U.S. Citizens & Legal permanent Residents (DAPA)
· Eligibility for DAPA & DACA
· Filing Requirements & guidelines for DAPA & DACA
· The Impact of U.S. District Court Ruling in Texas on Immigration
· Unauthorized Practice of Immigration Law
This is a FREE workshop and open to the public!
Doors open at 5:30 pm.
STRIDE TOWARD FREEDOM: 50 MILES AND 50 YEARS
Congressman McGovern will co-host a
film viewing and panel discussion celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Selma …
with the Worcester Black Clergy Alliance and the Worcester NAACP
Wednesday, March 11
6 pm – 8 pm
Jefferson Hall – Room 218
950 Main St.
Showing of the film Eyes on the Prize: The Freedom March from Selma to Montgomery
Followed by a Panel Discussion:
· Elder Esau Vance, Mount Olive Pentecostal
· Patricia Yancey, President Worcester NAACP
· Professor Thomas Doughton, College of Holy Cross
· Stacey Luster, Human Resources Director, Worcester Public Schools
This event is FREE and open to the public!