From the Worcester office of the MSPCC
Who: Girls, ages approximately 8-12 yrs, who have experienced sexual abuse.
When: Thursdays, 4:30 pm – 5:30pm (starting 2/26/15 and running 8 weeks).
This is a “closed” group; participants who are unable to join from the beginning are invited to call the Group Facilitator about participation in a future group cycle.
Where: MSPCC, 335 Chandler St.,
· Week 1: Creating Safety (getting to know one another and learning about sexual abuse)
· Week 2: Mind, Body, and Emotions (learning ways our bodies respond to our environment and understanding our emotions)
· Week 3: Building Self-Esteem (identifying strengths and building positive self/body image)
· Week 4: Coping Skills (learning ways to take charge of emotions, thoughts, and behaviors.
· Week 5: Relationships (recognizing relationship “red flags” and building positive relationships)
· Week 6: Identifying support network (naming helpful, supportive people in our lives)
· Week 7: Self-care (taking care of ourselves and feeling empowered)
· Week 8: Celebration! (celebrating our relationships and progress)
For more information/to refer, please contact the Group Facilitator, Courtney Rubio, at (508) 767-3088. Please call to speak with the Facilitator before attending.