Central West Justice Center & Community Legal Aid is holding its first Wage and Hour Clinic to assist eligible individuals with wage and hour claims.
Wage and Hour Clinic
405 Main St., 3rd Floor, Worcester
· Presentation on Your Legal Rights Under Wage and Hour Laws (in Spanish and English)
· Individual consultation will be given to eligible participants as space and time permit, following the presentation.
· Space and time for individual consultations are limited. To ensure an individual consultation, individuals should pre-register.
· For an individual consultations, a registrant must be low-income or elderly and reside in Central or Western Massachusetts.
· Free consultation on demand letters, small claims court and other avenues for protecting rights under the wage and hour laws will be provided.
· To pre-register, apply online at http://communitylegal.org/applications/unemployment, and note that you would like to attend the wage and hour training.
If you do not have access to the internet you may contact Evelyn at (844) 295-4240 ext. 5343 or email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Topics for the presentation and consultation include:
· Minimum Wage
· Overtime Pay
· Non-Payment of Wages/ Late Pay/Bounced Checks
· Meal Breaks
· Day of Rest
· Unlawful Deductions
· Failure to provide records
· Failure to provide pay stubs
· Vacation/Sick Time Pay
· Misclassification as Independent Contractor